ADoPT wishes to appoint a suitably experienced person to the following post which has been funded by Pobal under the Community Services Programme.
Complex Manager (€40,000 Gross per annum)
Responsible for the management, promotion, marketing and development of the Termon Complex.
Application packs can be downloaded from the links below or obtained from ADoPT, The Termon Complex, Station Street, Pettigo, Co. Donegal. T: 07198 61546 or email: email@example.com
Completed applications must be returned no later than 4pm on Thursday 21st December 2017.
The management, promotion and development of indoor and outdoor services at the Termon Complex based on a policy of efficiency, effectiveness and value for money and which will cater for the needs and interests of the local population and the interests of visitors to the district.
- Maximise the potential of the facilities through planned levels of usage and the implementation of appropriate leisure and social programmes.
- Provide a high standard of services responsive to the needs of users and customers through an effective system of management and administrative control and the efficient performance of employees.
- Achieve financial targets, established by Termon Complex Ltd. through the maintenance and monitoring of systems of financial control.
- Plan and programme the use of the sports facilities both indoor and outdoor with the objective of obtaining the best possible returns.
- Plan and develop a year-round programme of arts and cultural activities, entertainment & sport including liaising with local and national production companies, theatre groups, musicians and performers.
- Develop conferencing opportunities and prepare competitive packages for corporate groups
- Manage, control and allocate duties to employees to ensure that effective control and supervision is in place at all times.
- Continually identify new revenue streams and implement procedures to maintain the financial viability of the complex.
- Monitor and review performance of employees, whereby a high standard of service is provided in the most efficient and productive way; the effective management of attendance/absenteeism.
- Ensure planned management and maintenance are undertaken as required including lifts, heating, security and alarm systems.
- Prepare estimates with due consideration to the limitation on resources.
- Prepare regular operational and financial reports; administer and record all monies received in accordance with directions. Reports to be presented to the board of directors on a monthly basis.
- Revise programmes as necessary and assess the viability of programmes on a regular basis; initiate and develop new programmes.
- Implement regular maintenance programmes in respect of facilities and equipment and ensure the safe and secure storage of equipment.
- Oversee and liaise with franchises within the Centre to ensure that licence conditions are adhered to and that a good quality service is provided.
- Prepare and maintain communications and marketing plans for the Complex to include both online and offline communications channels and utilise all potential opportunities to maximise publicity for the complex.
- Provide a high level of customer support; respond to complaints from customers, user groups and patrons in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Implement the required level of health and safety procedures; carry out risk assessments and ensure that the procedures are complied with by staff and public.
- Ensure that all users are aware of and comply with the regulations and conditions of the hire of facilities.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
- A third level or equivalent qualification in Business, Accounting, Marketing/Communications, or Leisure Management or
- A minimum of 18 months (within the last 5 years) management experience which demonstrates evidence of the following competencies:
- management and supervision of staff
- team leadership including the establishment of effective working relationships
- the management of conflict and problem solving
- financial management including the compilation of budgets and budgetary control.
- the delivery of services to the public including promoting, monitoring, evaluation and implementing proposals for improvements.
- knowledge of a range of marketing and communications protocols
- knowledge & experience of fire, health and safety procedures in public buildings
- Effective communication (written & oral), relationship building and business and networking skills
- Competence in the use of information technology
Salary: €40,000 gross per annum
Hours of Work: The normal working week will be 39 hours, excluding lunch; irregular and additional hours will be necessary on occasions; normal working hours will include weekends and public holidays.
- The postholder will be based at the Termon Centre, Station Street, Pettigo, Co Donegal.
- This is a fixed term contract until 31st December 2020 (subject to continued funding).
- Garda Vetting is required for this post.
- The appointment will be subject to:
- satisfactory references (one of which should be the present or most recent employer).
- the production of evidence of qualifications listed on the application form.
- A satisfactory standard of attendance, conduct and performance in the range of tasks involved.
- the satisfactory completion of a probationary period of 3 months.